- 1 cup White Long Grain Rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, trimmed, finely sliced (green part only for FODMAP)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus extra to serve
Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
Using a whisk, lightly beat eggs in a small bowl. Heat oil in non-stick wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs. Swirl over base to form an omelette. Cook 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook 2 minutes until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into short strips.
Add bacon to wok. Cook 4 minutes until light golden. Add carrot. Stir fry 1 minute. Add shallots, peas and rice. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes. Add egg and soy sauce. Stir until heated through. Serve immediately, with extra soy